Sunday, May 20, 2007

Meant to happen

When something happens that is not unusual in itself, but it leads to something else and there is a link between these happenings, experience has taught me to take note.

I had the privilege of being the keynote speaker at the CMI leadership conference in Derby this week. There was a contingent of some ten MBI students from Africa. At one stage in my talk I asked if there was anyone from Botswana in the audience. A lady raised her hand and I said that we would have to meet and continue to discuss the point she had raised during lunch.

At lunchtime the restaurant was buzzing with 150 delegates milling round so I dropped my case in a seat at an empty table for twelve. Ten minutes later the table was full and as I sat down with my meal I realised that I was sitting opposite the lady from Botswana.

During our conversation, one thing led to another, and who knows, I may be speaking in Botswana next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home