Saturday, May 16, 2009

Home and away


There has never been a better time to revisit your business and personal Bull’s Eye but when you do, there are surprises in store for sure!

I’ve been a free range chicken for twenty five years now and when you are self employed or in partnership pecking away, you may find a juicy slug on Monday, nothing on Tuesday, a fat lobworm on Wednesday and nothing again on Thursday. That’s just how it is.

Some four years ago, although there has always been plenty of work in the West Midlands region where I live, I fancied trying my luck further afield, nationally and even internationally. It may be mixing metaphors but when you have played for Hereford United for a period it feels like an exciting challenge to see whether you might be able to get a run out with Manchester United. And the fact is that I now do enjoy working away.

But recently some local clients had approached me to suggest that I might like to do some stuff in my own back yard once more in Hereford. At first this felt a bit like going out with an old girlfriend. After all, the recent strategy had been to explore pastures new. Anyway three Mondays ago I made fifteen phone calls and amazingly twelve Managing Directors of local businesses signed up to our Herefordshire Directors Forum.

We start tonight and as I prepare all the files, each with the client company logo on, the prospects for this ten session event is just about as exciting and fun and challenging as it could be.

Enjoy the journey.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home