Sunday, April 11, 2010

Opportunity

Many businesses are looking for more or bigger or better opportunities to trade.

I was meeting a potential new client last month at a typical rural Herefordshire venue which is actually a very successful farm diversification project employing ten people.

He had suggested 1000 Monday morning and when I arrived a notice said ‘Closed on Mondays’. Whilst strolling round the deserted car park waiting for my contact I noticed an empty craft workshop. Anyone wishing to rent was invited to ring James on the number.

Now I remember James from twenty years ago. He and his wife Joanna attended my Finance and Business Planning course when they were starting this very farm project back in 1990. So I rang the number, explained that I was waiting to meet someone and asked where else we could go for a coffee nearby.

James said he’d come out to see me because he remembered the course. I said he’d lost some weight and he said that he was fitter than ever, and that he needed to be now his two sons were heading up the business!

The sons are nearly forty years old now and since our conversation, one of them has signed up for our Herefordshire Directors Forum.

I just wonder how many satisfied clients / customers we all have known these last twenty years or so that we have almost totally forgotten about.

What an opportunity.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home