Monday, July 27, 2009

If I was a cricketer......

It is so important to know who you are and what makes you tick in business. Self awareness is more crucial than ever in a knowledge world.

I was upstairs watching my wife painting our sixteen year olds bedroom wall. Alistair was spread out on the sofa doing something on his ipod, glancing up occasionally at Sky Sports news on television and texting his friends at the T4 concert. I opened my mouth to ask if it is necessary to be using all this electricity at one time. But I closed it because I had heard the answer many times before.

England had just taken another Australian wicket and then our boy said “If I was a cricketer I would like to be a boundary fielder. You do the odd spectacular catch, you can doze for most of the time and you can chat to the crowd when you feel like it.”

That just about sums up the boy perfectly. Sharon carried on painting, I carried on gardening and Ali, he carried on flicking his ipod, nodding at the TV and texting his mates.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home