Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Pheasant soup for the soul

I was driving Heather Gorringe, CEO of Wiggly Wigglers out to lunch today. Not far down the road as we wound round the base of the beautiful Black Mountains of Wales, Heather asked me if I had more than one gear in my car.

I suppose I don’t drive particularly fast. We introverts sometimes drive slowly as this gives us more thinking time. Nonetheless, as an executive coach, part of my rapport with clients depends upon matching their needs, so I slowly accelerated and soon we were cruising along at about 30 miles per hour.

Now Hay on Wye has to be one of the most spectacular towns in the UK for all sorts of reasons and that is where we ate. On the way back to Lower Blakemere Farm, the home of Wiggly Wigglers, a pheasant flew languidly across our path. I jammed on the brakes, the car veered wildly from side to side, but alas, an almighty thud announced the death of the unfortunate bird.

Now regular readers know that in the knowledge economy we all have to change what we do, change how we think and change how we behave. And the point of this story is that I have recently learned how to put links on to my blog.

2 Comments:

At 11/05/2006 2:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say about this unfortunate episode that Tim walks a lot faster than he drives. Speed may well kill, but in this case I am quite sure the poor birdy ambled over to investigate whether the vehicle was actually moving. It was...just. And the point of this story is that I have recently learned that going slow confuses the hell out of most
folk - including pheasants.

 
At 11/08/2006 4:38 AM , Blogger Tim said...

Thanks for this Heather. I reckon that bird was doing at least 60 as it just collapsed from the sheer exhaustion of chasing me all the way from Hay on Wye to Blakemere.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home