Thursday, October 26, 2006

168 hours per week

Part of executive capability lies in effective use of time, one of the primary resources that we all have. The starting point here is knowing the difference between a reactive use of time and a proactive use of time.

The demands of the knowledge economy require that most of us move gradually from a reactive to a more proactive use of time. Where I live in Hereford there are 168 hours per week to spend. If any of my readers manage to squeeze more than 168 hours out of any week, please let me know because that would be a genuine breakthrough.

Half an hour ago, in the torrential rain, one of my windscreen wipers exploded. So as I sit under a bridge with no reception, on the verge of the M5 motorway in Worcester, England, waiting for the rescue service person to come there is nothing I can actually do.

Nothing that is, except write this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home