Sunday, October 17, 2010

Enough

A lot of us feel compelled to push on, and on and on. More salary, more sales, more profit, bigger house, better car................

But it doesn’t have to be like that. I met someone last Spring who asked whether I knew what ‘enough’ is. I didn’t understand the question, so he explained that everyone has an ‘enough’ position, but that hardly anyone knows what it is.

We were talking about my diary in May when it was only half full. He said, “So what?” I replied that I like having a full diary. He asked why and then invited me to get over it and go fishing or take Sharon away for a few days. So I did and the more I thought about ‘enough’ the more options I felt I had.

Crazy thing is that once you find out what ‘enough’ is, you suddenly find that you have more than enough.

But at least you have a choice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home