Monday, December 18, 2006

Stretched

Yesterday we were talking about new projects and new investment but it doesn’t have to be like that.

Some twenty years ago I used to run public courses in the West Midlands on topics such as finance and marketing. One day I was out on the street, cold calling as part of my strategy to recruit and I walked into a printing company, not 250 yards from my house. I explained to the owner what I was doing and he replied, “Well I have been in business for twenty years so there is not much that you can teach me!” I tried to explain that most of the learning came from the other business owners on the course and that I was merely the facilitator. But it was the end of a brief conversation and a few moments later when I was back out on the pavement I noticed that he offered a range of items for sale in his window. One of the items was “Useful boxes” at 59p plus VAT.

Now I am not sure what the learning point in this blog is, dear reader, but those same boxes are still on the same shelf at the same price as I write. I wonder if the boxes have been there for forty years?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home